28 Dec 2014




So the house filled up for Christmas and now it is emptying again with Andy and his girlfriend leaving today, Louis heads back to WA on Tuesday and Kate is going to the beach with friends for the New Year.


I love it when the house is full but I love it when it empties as well.
 I like the noise and I like the peace.


I also really like these days between Christmas and the New Year.
 I like that they seem to be purposeless after the relentless activity of the rest of December,
 just a little pocket of time tucked away, a little gift before we march into 2015.


Hope your Christmas was all you wanted it to be 
and you have the space to enjoy the last days of 2014.


5 Responses to “ ”

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas with a full house. We had the opposite, our daughter was interstate (working in the tourism business, to busy to come home) and our son has recently moved into his own home with his partner. So this was our first Christmas as empty nesters...such a strange feeling.
    Jenny, wishing you joy & creative times in the coming New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to celebrate Christmas with all the family around you. But I hope you are managing to put your feet up, catch your breath, and enjoy the tail end of the year. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words you used are so fitting! "A little pocket of time" that is given to us to catch up with things that we had wanted to do for so long, but never got round to. I feel just the same :)
    Yours, Simone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree! I love the family coming home and all that goes with it and I don't mind the "busyness" of the pre-Christmas time, but I do appreciate these days of quiet when I can take a deep breath and spend my time in creative pursuits for myself and just "putter." It is extra specially wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that we love it when everyone is around but so do we crave for those peaceful moments when we can be with our own self
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.