Slideshow Widget

What I have been making this week...

14 Nov 2014




It's been a week of finishing off or at least moving ahead with some projects that have been hanging around for a while.
My big baby doll, 20" tall and quite heavy, has her hair and all her limbs now and with the next burst of energy she will have clothes. I haven't made a big baby like this for many years and actually had lost my pattern so I needed to draft a new one which was fine because there were a lot of things I didn't like about the original.





I got to and finished the clothes for my tiny bubbie doll and she found a home, she is flying the wide blue skies right now to get to her new home. 
I just love this new little pattern and I'm really pleased with the clothes I made for her. I really like it when the ideas I have in my head  become something tangible and are even better than I imagined.
I do intend to make a couple of more of these little ones before the year is out.





 And the give away doll is slowly progressing. Really she only needs her clothes now and I know exactly what I want to make so I must stop procrastinating.
I haven't made many dolls with mohair yarn hair this year 
and I do love the way it looks, so simple and sweet.
Anyway, hopefully very soon she will be ready to be my give away doll so keep an eye out for the blog post that announces it.






And my lovely Daisy finally got her hair and she is very pleased.
 Her clothes are a work in progress as I intend to make a full wardrobe for her.
I needed some entredeux to attach some lace to her underwear - does that sound very special. 
I haven't used this technique before, it most probably counts as  heirloom sewing.
Anyway I had to order some and wait for it to arrive. 
Postie delivered it today so now I can proceed.
I hope it turns out to be beautiful, I am really interested to learn some new techniques.
Wish me luck Jeannie.





So apart from sewing up a few doll bodies and making space for the large order of doll skin fabric that arrived and cleaning out the linen cupboard, that's about it for this week.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.




5 Responses to “What I have been making this week...”

  1. Your dolls are always so special, I love reading your blog, thank you for sharing your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny, another busy week of gorgeous dolls. You really do have a gift (and how cute is that little chubby bottom!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following you for over 3 years and have gained so much knowledge and can feel the love you give each creation! Vallori Mahmoud kaisyrbag@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little friends, full of life and love and spunk, each a little personality of their own. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dolls are beautiful, I hope to be the fortunate owner of one of your creations! kimella42@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.