Diary of a Dollmaker

1 Sep 2014

September 1st.

Resolve to keep on track and not be tempted to start a hundred different projects.
Make a list of the dolls to be made for the rest of the year, the custom dolls and the dolls in my head.
Look on Facebook at what is going on in Dollyworld today. Resolve not to look so often. It's so hard for me not to compare my work with the work I see on there, my business with the businesses I see on there.

Make a good cup of coffee and sit down to today's jobs but am immediately drawn to a doll I made yesterday and feel a pang of happiness at the sweet shape of her face. I absolutely love this doll, just like this, no face, no hair, no clothes just sweetness.

Decide I will only make this size doll for the rest of the year, Mabel dolls, a whole family of them, a whole neighbourhood, a whole schoolyard, a whole village.
This size doll and my custom dolls and maybe a Jammy Kiss or two.

This makes me feel more settled.
I drink my coffee.
I start my day.




4 Responses to “Diary of a Dollmaker”

  1. what a sweet life to play with dolls all day! thank you, I will enjoy this peek into your diary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her already too. No face, no hair, and yet she holds the magic that all of your dolls have. I can see it already. The Mabel style is my absolute favorite. I am so happy to hear you will be making more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so naughty reading your diary! "Look on Facebook at what is going on in Dollyworld today. Resolve not to look so often. It's so hard for me not to compare my work with the work I see on there, my business with the businesses I see on there."
    This thought particularly resonates with me. I find it so hard to battle my mind on this issue.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your doll making has evolved. I see so many more young women out there with great skill and talent and am in awe. You inspired me to start making dolls back in 2008. It has been a wonderful adventure. I am sidelined right now due to fibromyalgia and problems with my hands. I am still looking at all the dollie love that is here and enjoying every minute of it. Jan from Maine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.