not stuck in a rut

25 Aug 2014



Today is the 25th August, that means we are 4 months out from Christmas 
and two thirds of the way through the year. 
Goodness.

This past weekend I have spent in Hobart teaching some lovely people to make a doll of their own.
The weekend before that was spent at my brother's house enjoying a lovely meal and hospitality, kind of in honour of my birthday.




In about 6 weeks Louis will be moving to WA to begin his PhD and the house will return to its previous normal state of three occupants and numerous pets.

We are going to miss him terribly though the extra room will be nice.

Andy has managed to get his dream job for the long summer break and I am so pleased for him.




 Katie is going through all the changes that 17 brings on her way to being a grown up and I see her changing and growing  in mind and spirit and wonder at how it all happens.


And Stephen seems to be finally fully aware of just how good he is at his job and  is enjoying the comfort and confidence that the mid fifties can bring.






Life is constantly changing isn't it, I don't seem to ever get the chance to get stuck in a rut but I love that we can cobble together some sort of rhythm to this household of  grown up family, that we can enjoy each other and share the way only  family can share.



11 Responses to “not stuck in a rut”

  1. So happy for you Jenny. The kids really are young adults now, it's great to see them come into their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure are changes happening at your place. Does Andy's dream job mean he will be living at home during the summer break? How about you? You mentioned all that is happening for the others in your family and how that impacts on you but you didn't say how you are right now?
    What is Louis doing his phd on?
    Gosh I'm nosey.
    I really hope that I can evolve through those changes as they happen in my family, seemingly as well as you are.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Andy will be in Hobart for summer. Louis' PhD is something to do with convict health in WA. I am just fine and cruisey, kind of the way Stephen is at the moment.

      Delete
    2. That sounds wonderful Jenny.
      I forgot to ask how the doll workshop went?

      Delete
    3. Really well though I am tired today. I am just mooching around, unpacking and playing with my camera.

      Delete
    4. I know, it's unbelievable isn't it.

      Delete
  3. It must be the age we are Jenny, my family life is changing too. Our son and his partner, have moved out of our family home into their own home. And our daughter that had been living overseas for 2 years, has come home for 4-5 weeks and then is very soon to be taking up work in a remote community within Australia. So for the first time, we will soon be empty-nesters...how strange that will be! A new era for my husband & myself.
    Katie looks fabulous and your boys are certainly young men now, forging their own paths. Good luck to them all. It is lovely to hear that Stephen and yourself are also happy with life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been empty nesters for nearly 3 years. Our two girls live in Adelaide together. The elder about to complete her third year at work after getter her degree and the younger will complete her third year of Nursing. We spent the weekend with them and its lovely to see two lovely young women, confident and out on their own. I still love, love when they come home though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely, lovely post, Jenny. The warmth of your family is right there on the page, and is reflected in every doll you make :-)

    Warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.