my style

8 Jul 2014


McCalls 7441, Helen Lee pattern



My taste in children's clothes, and therefore doll's clothes because I like to dress my dolls the way I dressed my children, tends towards the unfussy.
I'm not a frilly kind of person and perhaps it started when I was a child because mum dressed us in beautiful unfussy clothes mostly made by her and mostly with understated trimmings.


Here are some of the patterns from my childhood,each and every one I think would be perfect for doll clothes




Simplicity 5479


Home journal 9081


Simplicity  2483


Butterick 2927


Simplicity  5335


Butterick  2676


Butterick 4747


Butterick 3022


Butterick 3415


Weigels 2374


McCall's 7955 Helen Lee pattern from 1965

3 Responses to “my style”

  1. Great memories....I think my Mum owned many of those patterns. I clearly remember my Mum making me a beach dress from terry toweling with a zipper up the front and a big ring at the top of the zip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, my sister and I both had dresses like that but our auntie made them for us not mum.

      Delete
  2. Love those styles and the pattern prices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.