A little shed in the garden

5 Oct 2013


bedroom



Saturday morning and just Darby and Joan here all on their lonesome with four cats, a dog, 3 hens and a duck.
Actually Darby is still in bed, just Joanie is up and about.



P1220206-001




Yesterday Katie went to Hobart to spend the weekend with her big brother so all my children are in the same city and it isn't the one that I live in.
The shape of things to come, Kate has only two more years at school.



Kate's bike




So today I will no doubt spend a good many hours working on custom dolls that need to be finished and those that need to be started.
I realised last night that  I only have about 7 weeks before Andy comes home from Uni and needs his bedroom back so I will try to work like a crazy woman in that time to have everything finished that I want to get finished.



my coffee cup is stuck in the 90s




A friend came round yesterday and suggested we buy a small prefab shed to put in the back yard to house my business and free up the areas of the house that I have taken over.
 What a great idea. 
Probably also an expensive idea and perhaps in winter a rather cold idea. 
Something to think about though.


( all today's pictures are from my Flickr archives)


P1210529




5 Responses to “A little shed in the garden”

  1. I love those little outhouses! I wish it was Saturday morning here...instead, it's Friday, and I'm very tired today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be Saturday soon. I love Saturday mornings!

      Delete
  2. A little shed sounds like fun! We have a shed but it full to the rafters with tools and furniture waiting to be fixed and is also home to two brushtail possums a mum and her half grown baby. I'm in the same boat as you my youngest will finish school in two years - no more school lunches after 25 years

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about a shed too with the same reservations. I will watch with interest to see what you decide . We won't have a problem with possums but there might be badgers and foxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my sisters has one - she used to make bears in it before she went back to full-time work. It is really well insulated so it was warm in winter, as I remember. Also being transportable, with no "proper foundations" she didn't need council permission to have it there. It's a good idea......you can just shut the door on the mess! I don't think it was very expensive, but it was a while ago when she got it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.