Ashley Green goes to School

13 Sep 2013


Not Prairie or pioneer wisdom but some gorgeous children, some from the country and some evacuees from the city, at a wonderful two teacher school in rural England during WWII. 
I enjoyed this film so much.


                                                

I found the film here

3 Responses to “Ashley Green goes to School”

  1. Thank you so much for that link Jenny, I really enjoyed that, it reminded me so much of Miss Read's books. Have you read them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose I have two Miss Read books that I found at the op shop but I haven't read either of them

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! All I could think of was Miss Dorothy Watson and Miss Agnes Fogarty from Thrush Green by Miss Read! The tea scene was priceless - Miss Read to the life! A real find. Every teacher should be made to watch so they can appreciate how much easier their lives are today. We should be ashamed of teaching our children so little.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.