Slideshow Widget

dolly auction

31 Jul 2013

PicMonkey Collage



My last custom listing for the year will be available tomorrow.
For the first time I am selling a custom by auction so we will see how it goes, how much interest there is I guess.
Always a bit nerve wracking selling something by auction.
The type of doll for sale is  a  19-20" Best Friend doll  or a 21" Big Dolly, the auction winner will get to choose what suits them best.

I do like making the biggest size dolls, they take a lot of time and a lot of energy  but they are so much fun.
The clothes are the best bit, not so fiddly as the little dolls but still dinky and cute, like a child's clothes but smaller.
I like the scale of it all.

I will be interested to find out the stories for my last group of custom dolls, the four seasons dolls, the two dolls sold comment style and now this one, the auction doll.

PicMonkey Collage




Custom dolls are so interesting, they can take you to places you never thought you would go, make you see things from a slightly different angle but still you get to interpret the ideas and notions you get from the client and spin them into your own story.
 I'm lucky because most customers are happy to let me do my thing, they show great trust in my abilities and creativity and for that I am thankful.

If you would like to take part in the auction it starts in round about 12 hours from now and runs for 24 hours.
All the details are in the listing 
You do need to sign up to hyena cart but that is quite simple




Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.