Long weekend

9 Jun 2013



Yesterday was Katie's final day at the Launceston Competitions, playing a piano solo and a duet and she did well this girl of mine.
Always involved, always busy but some wise words too about the cult of busy-ness, that there is value in quiet times and simple times and I can't believe the wisdom that she shares with me and it gladdens my heart when I see  and hear her embrace things that are dear to my own heart.

This weekend, a long weekend here in Tasmania I have spent some time working on a new doll inspired by Hushpuppy from the film Beasts of the Southern Wild.

Have you seen the film?
 It was shown by the film society here but we missed it and had to watch it later.

You can see some bits of it here 

This is my version of Hushpuppy





Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.