Slideshow Widget

Good bye Jule





Yesterday my sister left to live in Carnarvon, Western Australia.

 Today her two cats left to join her, one was staying here with us and one was with mum.

 And that's it, she is gone.

I know we can visit but it's an expensive journey. 
And we can chat on the phone and on Facebook and that's fine. 
It just feels like the end of something.
  I could not have got through my father's illness and death without my sister,
 we clung to each other and took on our support roles for mum,
 me giving emotional support and my sister being the one to get things organised. 
We were a great team and realised how much we care for each other. 
It was a unity we hadn't felt since we were girls and I treasure that.


3 Responses to “Good bye Jule”

  1. I well understand how difficult this is. Ouch times one thousand. I know you will stay in touch. Perhaps your Father's illness and death brought some goodness to you both. Forgive me if this sounds insensitive, I don't mean it to. I have an older sister and sometimes I wonder about our relationship...it is o.k. but not what I would choose to have..wanting something so much closer...but it is what I have and am grateful. Be well..good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of truth in what you say, it was Dad's last gift to us I think.

      Delete
  2. I have sisters, too, and we all live miles apart, which sometimes seems sooooo far.. But email does make it easier ;o) I hope the pain of distance lessons with time.. Many blessings....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.