Slideshow Widget

a little bit blue

20 May 2013

Amity



You may have noticed that I have been experimenting a little this year with my dolls eye embroidery.


Finn



Just a little stitch here and there seems to make such a difference to the dolls expression.


Amity



Although the tradition of the Waldorf doll has the eyes with a neutral emotion
I am enchanted with the slightly sad look of these little faces


Finn



These little gals are my 16" size dolls
They have wefted hair and just the tiniest bit of extra detail on the eyes.


Amity



I don't think they really are sad I just think  they are very pensive, 
they have a few big thoughts to think and maybe they are just a little bit blue.


Finn








5 Responses to “a little bit blue”

  1. I love these eyes Jenny, and agree the show just the right amount of emotion. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kim. What does 'wefted' hair mean please Jenny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the tiny details you've added to their eyes and think they add a special touch to their faces. I recently purchased all the materials to make one of these lovely dolls, but they seem so complicated, which terrifies me! I wish I could bring all my goodies over to your house so you can give me a lesson! Yours always look so lovely Jenny, and it seems like you whip them up in no time at all! I'd love it if you'd consider doing a pattern with a video tutorial and I'm sure many others would too!
    ~Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shelly wouldn't that be fun, to make a doll together. There are lots of places on the net to get some help but I would recommend finding out if you have a Waldorf school near by because even if they don't have doll making classes they usually have a craft group and they might be able to help you. I have a link to a page with lots of resources about Waldorf doll making http://starrysheep.com/crafty/?page_id=645
      good luck. I would love to see your finished doll.

      Delete
    2. Making a doll together would be wonderful Jenny! I know we'd have a great time! Thanks so much for the link, I've had a quick boo and there's a lot of info, just wanted to come back and say thank you before I get cozy and have a good look through the resources:) I'm actually quite excited about trying this type of doll, I've seen so many lovely ones - most often yours, and you have really inspired me to make one!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.