op shop gals

17 Apr 2013




When you go to the op shop ( charity shop) do you ever save little lost dolls and bring them home, 
wash them, detangle their hair and give them new outfits.






Some are so elegant and sad.
Some have to wait a long time for a new outfit in my house but at least they are safe. 






Am I crazy to even think that a doll might feel safe or not?
Probably.
Just call me a crazy doll lady.

















10 Responses to “op shop gals”

  1. I do the same thing! Then I fix them up, give them new clothes and give them to a child you has no dolls. That way they are loved again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Jenny, nice to know I'm not alone:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. We must be a special tribe...the doll savers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must all be members of that special tribe...the doll savers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to buy sad, dirty, unloved dolls from charity shops. I wash them and restyle their hair and make them new clothes. I am so glad to know that there are others who do the same, my family think I am mad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my favourite way to collect dolls. Doll rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is how I collect dolls. Doll rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not alone in the world...I too am a crazy doll lady :) I am for sure they feel very safe now. They couldn't have found a better home. Love the dolls you found....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure they are very happy and feel so safe with you. They couldn't have found a better home. I too am a crazy doll lady! :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I buy them for $1 at the local Goodwill and do the same thing. Wash them, style their hair, find just the right pattern and make them fresh clothing. If they get to stay on my shelf for awhile in their new duds, that's okay, till I find them a new home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.