24 Feb 2013


Me and my little sister 1964



Today my sister leaves for France. 
She will be gone for 10 weeks. 
She no longer has a home here in Tasmania and when she returns it will only be for a few days and then she will be off to start a new life in Western Australia.

We have never lived so far apart before.

We haven't always lived in the same city but mostly we have.

We are now both in our 50s and for all but a few years of our lives we have lived within easy distance of one another.

It is special to have a sister.

Someone like you but different from you in so many ways, someone like a friend but not just a friend.
Makes me feel a little sad but I am happy for her to be heading off on an adventure.
 She is so brave.



me and my little sister 1964

4 Responses to “ ”

  1. Wow what an adventure for your sister. But I understand you will miss here. Even if she is in Australia she is a long distance from you. I hope you will both adjust well. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully with modern technology such as emailing & Skype you will be able to keep in touch easily. My sister moved to Sydney 26 years ago and it was harder to keep in touch back then. Now you have a reason to visit WA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for your sister! 10 weeks in France - I'm green with envy :) Most of my family lives on the other side of the world in Holland but these days it's easy to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels, good adventures, for your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.