Slideshow Widget

Sunday Vintage Goodness

3 Feb 2013

one of my 1st birthday cards, 1960



Do you like vintage children's birthday cards?

It will come as no surprise to find out that I do.


from 1958



I have a small collection , small because they are the birthday cards from my own childhood and my brother's cards too.
 He was born in 1956, I was born in 1959. 
I'm not sure where my sister's cards are, probably still at mum's.


from 1959


I just love the colours and the images.



from 1960





and this one below, television came to Australia in 1956 for the Melbourne Olympic games.
We got a TV in our house in 1963 and this card is from 1962.
Have you kept your cards from childhood?
You can see more of mine here.



from 1962

2 Responses to “Sunday Vintage Goodness”

  1. Jenny it's an odd thing but I find I am "remembering" this cards not just recognising them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These cards are such a treasure - they make me want to pull out my childhood memory box once again. Your mum must have taken good care of these little gems.

    Fay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.