Slideshow Widget

my apron




My mum made me this apron.
It's probably 50 years old.

It's very special to me and I never let my children play with it when they were young.
The fabric is so soft  and would tear so easily.
Instead I have it pinned to my sewing cupboard where I keep my fabric 
and all my sewing patterns, new and vintage.
It makes me happy to see it there.

I have no memory of ever wearing it to help mum though I'm sure I did, 
you know, the kind of help only a  kinder girl can give.

I love that it is red, white and blue, I love that it has polka dots and checks and cute little animals.
And I love that, in the years of it being relegated to the playhouse, it managed to not be torn or stained or cut up to make dolly clothes.







5 Responses to “my apron”

  1. So sweet! It's fun to have something tied to our memories. I have two little dresses and a tiny, first grade band uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling apron- your mum really did a first rate job!
    My Grammie is the one who sewed things for me- mostly dresses/skirts, even costumes- but never an apron. I suppose I wasn't much help in the kitchen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged hopped and came across this post. I just wanted to let you know that it reminded me that my Nana, when I was very little, made me an apron. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw this post. Since reading this, I have emailed my Mum to see if she could find out if my Nana still has it. So thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blogged hopped and came across this post. I just wanted to let you know that it reminded me that my Nana, when I was very little, made me an apron. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw this post. Since reading this, I have emailed my Mum to see if she could find out if my Nana still has it. So thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, little Jessie is here ! You can see pictures of her arrival on my blog :)
    http://mamaf-theappletree.blogspot.fi/2012/11/jessie-is-here.html
    Thank you so much from all of us !
    Flavia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.