Slideshow Widget

Happy Birthday

P1200381-001



Today my little sister turned 50.
Can you imagine, my baby sister, 50. 
Amazing!



P1000753


We cooked a special family lunch
She didn't want too much fuss.

The food was delicious.
Katie made the entree,
 tiny tarts filled with brie and cranberry sauce with a touch of orange zest.

I cooked some marinated butterflied  lamb, sweet little baby potatoes bathed in butter and some steamed asparagus.
A couple of salads, Greek and a Stilton and walnut salad plus some yummy condiments; mint jelly, aoli, yogurt with cucumber and garlic.

Mum made dessert, an apricot cheesecake and a couple of cream sponges.


P1000713
My sister and me 1963



So that's it , now we are all in our 50s, next stop 60.
Crikey


P1010181
Me, mum and my sister 1987

3 Responses to “Happy Birthday”

  1. Well best Birthday wishes for what sounded like a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos and what a lovely day you all had. Happy birthday to your sister. And the food sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy birthday to you Jenny's sister!

    Would Kate reveal her recipe Jenny? Those tarts sound delish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.