Slideshow Widget

winter

4 Aug 2012



Winter in the playroom is all about birthdays.
 June is for boy birthdays and August is for girl birthdays. 
When the evenings are long and the days though often sunny can be cold and dreary it's nice to have special days to look forward to. 
So for the next little while dollmaking is being combined with cake baking and present buying and wrapping and all those good things that come with birthdays.



Berrie



I have lots of new dolls dancing round in my head but first I must finish little Berrie who was created in a rush of inspiration but her clothing has taken a little longer to settle and choosing fabrics and styles has been an adventure.
 Everything is cut out now and the sewing will begin. 
The knitting has been started and hopefully all will be ready early next week.
She will be my first doll going up for auction apart from various charity dolls and I find the prospect terrifying and exciting and hopefully not embarrassing.




5 Responses to “winter”

  1. Oh I really love her. Reminds me of my youngest little girl. Thank you for sharing her sweet little face with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really love her. Reminds me of my youngest little girl. Thank you for sharing her sweet little face with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last photo. I really love it when a photo looks as though someone has just that minute walked out of the picture. I have that recipe book too.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is something so enchanting about her! -Jams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berrie is lovely, Jenny, and I especially love the first picture, with the long shadows of winter. It has been so dreadfully hot and dry here in the Midwest U.S....Winter sounds heavenly right now :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.