Slideshow Widget

Monday

20 Aug 2012






Lovely day today. 
I bunked off from doll making which is something I rarely want to do.
 I worked in the garden , I washed the walls in the bathroom, I sorted out fabric again, I read, I chatted with a man from up the street about a duck that he thought was mine but seems to be homeless and living rough.
 The man drives a horse and cart, he is the number one carriage driver in Tasmania, or something like that.
 I collected my parcel of lace and fabric from the post office.
 I had a load of wool delivered and I had a long phone call with Telstra trying to work something out.

Now I'm having a cup of coffee and a piece of chocolate and I might read some more.



11 Responses to “Monday”

  1. sometimes it's good to have a complete change of routine, kind of refreshing.

    Hope you had a pleasant day, the weather must have been much better than it was down here.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely day here, a little overcast but not cold and not windy

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you crossed off some items from your 'to do list'. Love the picture of the two girls winding the wool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the to do list I didn't know I had.

      Delete
  3. Do you boy your wool locally Jenny? I have just ordered quite a lot from Bendigo Woollen Mills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose it was wool for stuffing the dolls and it comes from Nundle in NSW. I do buy some yarn from Bendigo but unless I am knitting something for a human I prefer to buy 50g single balls of yarn, enough for a dolly cardigan or dress.

      Delete
  4. It's just so nice to hear about your day. The ordinary little things that sound so charming from your lips (or fingers). I think that is you in the top photo in the blue dress btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that print on my kitchen wall and another by the same artist of a little girl feeding the chooks, that one is me.

      Delete
  5. I love the illustrations in this post, and your day of simple pleasures really resonates with me. Much happiness to you, Jenny.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all that warm homeyness~~gives one the best of feels, and wish-I-could-be-theres. The house, here, is all tidied-up, and I'm now off-and-away for the week's shopping. It's my one day out, really, and it's a doozy. Nice (and the weather's perfectly-just-right, it is), but I am really, really good-and-tired by the time I've made my way back to home. Hope you've recovered from all the wonderfulness of your birthday. And well, not to complain or anything, but I did think that maybe we'd get to see some photos of you looking lovely, and being loved on your big day. But then, everyone was probably far too busy being sweet to you to find those moments necessary to grab the camera and click away. That's okay, I have it all pictured in my imagination {right down to you with your smiling eyes in a fancy party hat ;o) Love to you, dearest little jenny wren xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a lovely, peaceful day.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.