My place

4 Jul 2012




I missed the bloggers get together yesterday, phone calls back and forth with a son who has decided on a whim to join some friends and go to New Zealand next week wiped out the time I had put aside to go. 
Never mind I got lots of sewing done around the phone calls , quite a well spent day really.

I am trying really hard to be very organised with my work so that it doesn't encroach into my evenings and weekends, though knitting dolly things in the evenings is allowed.
 I had a goal for this year to make 100 dolls, it's not that I haven't made that many before, it's more that I wanted to cap it at 100, have a definite realistic goal so I don't try to  set ridiculous goals  and send myself to the funny farm.

I haven't wanted to talk about my doll making much on this blog because I used to get some harsh anonymous comments about the prices I charge and various personal attacks because I have turned a hobby into a small  business, a micro business really in the grand scheme of things. 
Strange place sometimes this blogging world.
 Not feeling comfortable to talk about what has become such a huge part of my life has left me feeling unable to just be me, here in this place that is mine. 
Time to take it back, time to take this place back.


I have been looking back over my blog and I do enjoy reading  and looking at the pictures of my life over the past 6 years.
 I love it actually and I hope I can start again, in this place...




12 Responses to “My place”

  1. You should I miss your everyday thoughts.

    It's hard when people do that. When you're the type of person that is only too happy for someone to be creative, do something they like. And what's wrong with making a little money if people love and are willing to buy your creations, they're not forced to.

    I love the journaling of one's thoughts as you do.

    Christy
    Lil Bit Brit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny dear, what an awful experience to go through. I bought a doll off you once and I thought it a very fair price for the love and creativity and handmade-ness that went into it!!

    I've been missing your daily voice, I hope this space becomes very comfortable for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yay, yay and yay again, I've so missed you in this space. I really hope that you can find a way to be here again. I, too have been rereading your older posts and loving them just as much and sometimes even more this time around.
    Oh to be young and unencumbered enough to be able to take off for a holiday on short notice. The planning required these days (and the saving) mean I'm almost over it before we even begin.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog--it's one of my favorite places! I have been quiet at times too for fear of offending others. I'm so glad you are back.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nastiness and negativity of some people can be quite crushing and what a pity it has happened here. Why on earth would someone want to criticize you for making a business from dolls - that's just crazy! Is there an option in comment settings to block anonymous comments, I think there might be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee!! Looking forward to hearing more from you Jenny! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had missed you, you were the second blog that I ever read... I love hearing about your life in one of my most favourite places in the world; Tasmania.
    You always made me feel as though the warmth of home and the small things were so special... I loved hearing of your baking and lighting the fire, your family and your garden... well I guess some of the things that are your day.
    Nice to see your blog pop up again in my favourites feed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute picture, Jenny!
    It's so nice to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some people need to get a life, honestly! Who's business is it but yours as far a what you charge for your beautiful dolls? On a per hour basis, I bet you don't go anywhere near covering your costs, labour wise. I don't think you can put a price on handmade quality items. I can't believe people attack people on their blogs - usually anonymously - how cowardly is that? I was reading another blog the other day and the same thing had happened to her - they attacked her for producing a recipe book and making money from it! What ever happened to free enterprise? She had been physically ill over the many incidents and considered closing the blog then decided to keep going.
    It's lovely that you're back - I have missed your pictures of your garden and home and see snipets of Tassie. We are visiting for 2 weeks in October so I hope the weather will be nice then.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you are back over here. I visit the playroom blog daily but have missed your comments and pictures about your personal life. In a way, I enjoy living vicariously through your blog. Thanks for sharing your life with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am glad to read your soothing, peaceful posts. Welcome back...you have been missed xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoyed the sweetness of your posts, so I kept you in my reader even when you were quiet. How happy I am to see you back posting again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.