Slideshow Widget

Lemon Coconut Squares

21 Jun 2012

P1170291

Neve and Keiran
got themselves all spruced up ready to have their school photos taken today.


P1170293

Kieran would much rather be out playing football or collecting bugs



P1170284



and Neve would rather be having tea parties or climbing trees and certainly not getting her hair done even though it could do with a trim


P1170297


They both sat and had a good think and decided that if they had to keep tidy and nice for their photos then the least I could do was to make some yummy biscuits for afternoon tea.


P1170274

So I made some Lemon Coconut Squares, not too sweet, not too sour.



here's the recipe, it's very good.


1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk ( I make my own with a recipe of Rhonda Jean's , I made half the recipe for this. I can give you the recipe if you need it. I don't usually have condensed milk on hand anymore)

125g ( 4oz) butter

250g (8oz) Milk Arrowroot biscuits ( a very plain biscuit)

1 teaspoon grated lemon rind

1 cup of coconut

Stir the condensed milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat until the butter has melted.

Finely crush biscuits.

Add lemon rind, crushed biscuits and coconut to the butter and condensed milk.

Press this mixture into a greased or lined lamington tin ( 11" x 8" x 1 1/2")

Refrigerate for 1 hour.


Lemon Icing

3/4 to 1 cup of icing sugar

3 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons coconut

15g ( 1/2oz) soft butter

Mix together until smooth and spread over base.

When set cut slice into squares


Hmmm, yummo!


P1170303

4 Responses to “Lemon Coconut Squares”

  1. I love their clothes! And the lemon squares sound good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe Jenny...but you know me....NICER PLATE! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous plate isn't it. I got it from that second hand shop that used to be in Elizabeth St. They had a great sale when they were closing down

      Delete
  3. Just when I think they can't get any cuter, you post more. Your little dolls are just so real to me! I'm always happy to see what they're wearing and what kind of hair style they have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.