Slideshow Widget

Barbie's boot.

13 Mar 2012

dolly boot - red


We have just finished a long weekend so today is Monday as well as Tuesday.
A little bit of extra time putting the house to rights and then into the dolls.


You know I have another blog, one where I talk mostly about my dolls.
I just had the loveliest comment left on this post.
Well, all the comments are lovely but the last one, from Debbie has really made my day.


I know sometimes I let this blog just sit a bit,
  and I know not nearly so many people visit now that I don't write everyday
 but I do love this little place where I have written my thoughts for almost 6 years
 and I am enjoying my dolly blog as well.


There are blogs that have touched my life deeply and knowing that I have had a similar effect on someone else makes me feel strangely happy.
 It's like a friendship isn't it, sometimes we seem to be doing everything together and then at other times family or work responsibilities take us away for a time.
 We get together when we can and enjoy each others company as we are able.


Blogging may not be as immediate as Facebook or Twitter but I think it makes a deeper relationship with the reader, less of the smart one liners and more of the, often aimless, rambling that friends are prone to.


Anyway, those of you who still come here to read, thank you and I hope you enjoy what you find.





6 Responses to “Barbie's boot.”

  1. Hi Jennie- your blog is one I've enjoyed reading for the past three years! I think your life sounds cozy and joyful and inspiring. I agree with you in this post and am glad you continue to pop in and share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is my favourite blog and I'm always so excited when you write here. I feel like I know you and your family and would love to tour your garden and share a cuppa with you. I sometimes worry that I'm a stalker but I feel as though you are a friend. Thankyou for sharing your self and your thoughts, I really value them and look to you for guidance in my parenting and home making.

    Now I have a question for you...what camera do you use?

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check your blog FIRST every morning when I sit down to my desk. If you have popped in and left a post, it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling...something I miss in my hectic, unsettled life. It makes me feel like I have returned to my happy childhood days (I'm a bit older than you, so I remember all the 50's styles as well as those of the 60's). I admire your talent and skills at doll making and feel inspired by your work ethic. I guess you remind me of me when I was younger and in a happier situation. Even if you don't post every day, please don't abandon the blog. I enjoy your other doll blog, but this is the one that gives me a lift every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bet I enjoy what I find here! And just like you said, every time you blog here it is like hearing from a friend, and that's always good!
    love from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bet I enjoy what I find here! And just like you said, every time you blog here it is like hearing from a friend, and that's always good!
    love from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you Jenny, I feel that blogs and blogging has played a very important role in my life and I always learn something new from each blogger.. and don't fail to make them a part of my day to day life by visiting them everyday through their blogs...They inspire you to do more and more and make you aware of a part of you which you never knew existed ... and THANK YOU .. for being one such blogger friend for me....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.