Slideshow Widget

29 Nov 2011

Christmas trees




It's almost time to start decorating the Playroom for Christmas.

I just love Christmas decorations but we keep thing fairly simple.
 The playroom is small and holds lots of treasures. Some get packed away to make room for Christmas and some become part of the decorations.

Some years ago I made these lovely softie Christmas trees and many years before that I made the little Christmas boots which will hold a little treasure for each of the twelve days of Christmas.

Last year I bought the  Fa La La Felt book and hopefully this year I will find some time to make something wonderful from it to decorate the Playroom, perhaps some more soft trees like these beauties on the bookcover



3 Responses to “ ”

  1. Sounds like an interesting book! Can't wait to see what you will create :)
    I recently got this book
    http://www.amazon.com/Felt-Wee-Folk-Enchanting-Projects/dp/1571201939/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322640725&sr=1-1
    and totally love it!
    On my walks in our neighborhood I picked lots of acorns! Now, just need to find time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo that looks like it has all kinds of wonderful crafts in it! I have always loved books. That's probably why I got my degree in literature. And when my hubby retires from the military, I want a library in my house. I'm a huge thrifter (I frequent thrift stores and antique shops) and I have to say Jenny, you have inspired me to collect vintage books and magazines. I'm always on the lookout now :) As my grandma used to tell me before she passed away "sewing and making things with your hands is becoming a lost art" Thank you for your posts Jenny. I thoroughly enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.