Slideshow Widget

Interesting Saturday Trivia

8 Oct 2011

Tasmanian counties



Did you know that Tasmania was once divided into 18 counties and for the purposes of land titles it still is?
 Launceston of course is in Cornwall and is on the Tamar River just like its namesake in the UK .
 My Dad used to play for Cornwall Football team.



English counties


3 Responses to “Interesting Saturday Trivia”

  1. I'm Tasmanian but I had no idea - when did there stop being counties?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the counties were generally used until the early 20th century but my Dad started playing for Cornwall Football Club in the late 40s and by the time he stopped playing in the late 1950s it had changed its name to East Launceston Football Club.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.