Slideshow Widget

What is it that you like?

17 Sep 2011

Linda's doll



This may sound a little strange but the girls and I are interested to know, 
if you are someone who likes my dolls,
 what is it that you like about them,
what attracts you to my dolls...

 the hair,
 the faces,
 the body shape,
 the colours I use,
 the clothes I make,
 the hand knits,
 the names,
 the vintage look,
 is it actually a vintage look,
 is it that each doll is a bit different,
 is it that you think they all look the same,
they are easy to buy,
 they are difficult to buy....?

 I would love to hear what it is that you like about my dolls. 
I'm not asking to feed my ego, I am just interested to know.

Can't wait to read what you have to say.

( ps. if you really don't like my dolls I don't really want to know and I am not looking for a critique of my dolls or suggestions to make them better I just want to know what you actually like about them, thanks.)


Lucie

20 Responses to “What is it that you like?”

  1. For me the Symmetry of the faces and bodies are perfect, this makes the dolls really appealing. I also think the clothes you make add so much, your clothes are always really lovely and the hand knits are divine :) and now I have one!! Yay! Can't wait to see her up close and personal :))) Fiona :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like best are their dear little faces, the two we have are so sweet. I also appreciate the attention to detail and the fact that the dolls and their clothes are somewhat understated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like their petite body shape, they wear clothes well, not too chunky, not too skinny. I also like the variety of hairstyles you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the different personalities that seem to come through. I also love the clothing...such detail. When I make a doll, it is the clothing that can get too hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello
    i love their faces and particularly their expression. they look calm and also a little wise, it depends how you look at them…
    and of course, their clothes are amazing : so simple, so elegant and so "true", i often dressed my own daughters in the same way. i enjoy the association classical flowered dress/ hand knitted cardigan.
    i also like doll with the "joan of arc hair" (does it mean something in english? i don't like dolls with very long hair, as you probably noticed).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those sweet little faces and, yes, you've achieved such a sweet vintage look that is so appealing. They each have this wide eyed look that is so charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have looked at many, many waldorf style dolls, and I actually only like a few. The ones I like (like yours) just have a certain something that is more than the sum of their features. It's like they come alive and have a personality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny, As you know, there are a lot of Waldorf dolls being made out there but yours are by far my favorite! I can't stress that enough. Other peoples dolls are just to big and chunky - the arms and legs stick straight out and the hair just looks thrown on top. Yours on the other hand are so pretty and petite. You pay such attention to detail in every aspect of the doll - from the face, to the body, to the hair, to the cloths, and even the staging of the dolls to tell a story when you post them online (which I LOVE). You can tell you sew love into your dolls and you're not in it just to make a few bucks... you truly love what you do and it shines through your work. And I would say yes, your dolls are vintage. Not necessarily that they look old but more that you keep in line with the original style of the Waldorf doll. Yes, they are a little hard to buy but that's to be expected - they are just too darn cute and everyone want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the hair,
    the faces,
    the body shape,
    the colours I use,
    the clothes I make,
    the hand knits,
    the names,
    the vintage look,
    is it actually a vintage look,
    is it that each doll is a bit different,

    ALL OF THESE! I love the way you make the hair & the different hair styles, colors, etc. They are beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the head shape and different expressions. Each doll has their own personality. I have held similar-style dolls that have felt like holding a brick. Your dolls are not too heavy and are cuddly. Their faces are not too hard and the shape is perfect. I love the tiny prints you dress them in. I have gifted dolls to my grandchildren and other sweet children. Each is cherished. The dolls sell-out so quickly, but that is a testimony to their sweetie-pieness. I am glad that they are not produced assembly-line fashion. The dollmaker puts love into each one, and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is only one thing I like about your dolls.
    Everything.
    They are precious.
    Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that they come alive, the faces I think and the proportions of their body parts are just right. I also think that they are more than the sum of their parts and it's really hard to say just what 'it' is that I love. It's just the complete package.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dolls not only have a very sweet, simple, and vintage appeal, they are so petite and impeccably sewn! They are stuffed nicely and firmly too which is a plus to me! I also love the yarn selections used for their hair! We only have one beautiful doll so far, but will definitely want to add another at some point!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly when looking at your dolls they just make me feel happy. I think it is that each doll seems to have his or her own personality. I love the different hair and hairstyles plus the sewn and knitted clothes are all so gorgeous and always just so suited to each one. I think it is the simplicity of the dolls that gives each one their character. I firmly believe that it is the love (and doll making skills of course) that goes into making each individual doll that shines through and makes them all so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think its their little faces...very sweet, innocent, oldy worldy. Not like awful sassy dolls in the shops. They look soft to hold and the way you dress them, putting colours and fabrics and yarns together is appealing. They are dolls for children not mini adults and i like that. I prefer the ones without noses. Yes definitely a Tasha Tudor, Elouise Wilkins vintage feel. Alison B

    ReplyDelete
  16. the innocent face
    the simple smile
    the manageable hair
    the petite proportionate body
    the vintage-inspired dress
    the story behind her
    the quiet expressive style
    the childlike appeal
    just a few of the reasons why we love LJW dolls!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love and appreciate the utter workmanship in your dolls. They are truly beautiful little handmade characters. I make dolls on occasion, though I haven't done the 'waldorf' type ones and just think they are amazing!! Their faces are so beautifully stitched, their little clothes are so cute and each one just seems to be her own person!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to hold you dolls, they have an innocence about them that is compelling. I think you make very beautiful faces with great simplicity, which is a true art. I also love the clothes which look like clothes from vintage children's books. You make gorgeous dolls. I can't comment on ease of purchase etc - I usually find I miss updates but to be honest they are out of my price range at this stage of my life, which I do not begrudge as the love and care and craft and time you pour I to your little "children" should be compensated fairly. I just love to look on! And the creative way you present the dolls means that even without buying one, my little girl and I get to enjoy the LJW experience!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I am only 12 and I am a really good friend of Reggie and we are making a doll together and she bought Claire from you and it was love at first sight I think your dolls are perfect they are amazing I mean your hand stiching in the neck is exquisite I want won of your dolls sooooooooooo bad they are amazing and
    When I earn enough money I will buy one in a heart beat by the way my name is Morgan and people tease me and my friend because we love dolls but they are what make me happy and I sew but we can't afford a serger so my suff has raw edges but I love it all so dearly even if it falls apart I turn on that sewing machine and say I can do it so if you ever feel let down just say I can do it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Morgan, Reggie told me she was helping someone make a doll so that must be you.
    You will have a wonderful time making your doll I am sure.
    Thank you for your lovely words about my dolls and I am glad you have met Claire.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.