Slideshow Widget

how to buy a doll

27 Sep 2011

Sammy Cyclamen, woodland sprite 



 This is Sammy and he is a woodland sprite in the making.
When he has some clothes he will be ready to find a new home.

He will most likely be ready for the shop on Friday.


He will be the first of a series of sprites that will be going into the shop 
over the next little while.


After a lot of thought I have decided not to have official shop updates any more 
as they  were starting to become a chore for me and are quite stressful.
As and when the dolls are ready I will put them into the shop.
I feel happier doing things this way,
it is how I began,
 it allows me to be creative without any time constraints.
I hope that over time everyone who wants one of my dolls will be able to get one 
and that it will be the one that is meant for you, 
that speaks to you and your child.



I hope this doesn't make life difficult for anyone wanting to buy a doll. 
I will announce here on the blog when there is a doll in the shop 
plus there will be plenty of previews along the way
 because I love sharing my dolls with you.


I am continuing with the policy of  two dolls per household per calender month 
and I would ask that you respect  this.


I won't be putting dolls into the shop on weekends ( Tasmanian Time) and 
dolls will mostly go into the shop on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 
as these are the days 
when I tend to devote the whole day to doll making. 


I will be accepting commissions for dolls for 2012 , one or two each month.
 I will begin working my way through my list over the next couple of weeks
 in a 'first come first served' fashion  
to organise custom dolls for the first three months of next year.


You can contact me through my Etsy store or 
by Email  at  littlejennywrendolls(at)live(dot)com(dot)au
 if you wish to join the list. 

Being on the list doesn't automatically mean you will be able to get a doll 
next year 
as I already have a long list
 but people do change their minds, fall in love with different dolls, buy a doll from my shop 
and so on 
and then they no longer want a custom doll, 
it is a very fluid list.


So, that is how things stand at the moment.
I am looking forward to the next few months
 of dolls
 and markets
 and spring gardening
and sunshine
and early summer
 and Christmas preparations...


and this is little Sammy, wondering what his future holds.



  Sammy Cyclamen, woodland sprite

5 Responses to “how to buy a doll”

  1. I love your dolls with the non-traditional coloured hair. I think it's the contrast between the subdued/peaceful/calm/classical looking doll and the crazy mop of brightly coloured hair on top, it's just so striking (and awesome!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is wonderful Jenny!
    happiness in life is so important :)
    oh and he is so cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from a fellow NaturalKids Team member! I appreciate your doll-making process, and look forward to seeing the dolls come to be.

    Regards,
    Farida/Alkelda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, yay! Good for you, Jenny. I love being able to be creative too with no time constraints. Makes for a much happier person! I'm waiting on the doll that "speaks to me". All of your dolls are so pretty but there is a special one coming for my little girl, I just know it :)
    Grace,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to see that you are paying attention to what works for you. When doll making becomes a chore a lot of the creativity flies out the window.
    Thanks for being such an inspiration to a dollmaker on the far side of 60!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.