stream...

2 Aug 2011


Roses




life can be really complicated...
each of us has so many different roles and which one should come first...
wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, me...
so much to manage without neglecting  anyone including me.

I am so into this thing that I do, my craft, my art that sometimes I just want to drop all the other parts...
I just want to be left alone to do what feeds me and gives me peace and inspires me...
but that's not the way life is, how poor my life would be if I abandoned all the other parts of me...
how poor my creative life would be if the things that have made me, the people that have shaped me were banished.

but it's not easy to see a way to weave it all together so that it makes a pleasing picture...
that's the biggest job, that's the craft and the work of art...
putting together a life that works and feeds and nourishes...
life can be really complicated.

9 Responses to “stream...”

  1. I find when putting God first and foremost ...then all else falls into place...his Holy Spirit will be your guide to get all things in perspective and bring about a peaceful pleasing picture for your life...blessings to you Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,
    I can very much relate. What you just described is a constant juggling act in my own life, too. Especially with children still at home, knowing they won't be around too much longer and yet needing to create in order to be who I am. Yes- it is all very complicated, life is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said! And today, with all of the social networking expected of professional artists and crafters, it is so easy to lose time for the things that really give joy--like our art and the important people in our lives. Thanks for sharing.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are not alone.

    lovely post.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed Jenny, we are all the same it seems. There is a comfort knowing this. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. ditto. 'balance' is such a good word but sometimes it's just not that simple and very very subjective.

    Hope you find the middle ground, the 'contented' spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the answer to this question.......it's a constant juggle, and the "me" bit usually gets neglected after you have spread yourself around your whole family and at work....ho hum......but I am so grateful I have so much in my life to keep me busy :-)
    Di
    Mowbray

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.