7 Jul 2011

Erin



I have been quietly working away at some dolls this week and feeling that I don't really want to leave the house, partly because it's cold and partly because a kind of melancholy has settled on  me.


Feeling like something is about to change and things that were taken for granted will be whipped away. 
I don't have a sense of impending doom, just change.


So I will just go along, doing what I do, trying to work out what feels right and what should be abandoned and  hope this melancholy lifts. 
I'm not sad just unsettled. 
Do you know what I mean?




Carrie

10 Responses to “ ”

  1. I have been feeling that way myself lately. I am almost looking forward to the changes (whatever they may be) so that I can stop feeling so "anxious". (Anxious is not exactly the word I wanted to use, but I can't find one that fits...)

    Hope your world turns 'round right....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Jenny. I hope that it all pans out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have great admiration for your focus! You seem to accomplish so much just by "doing it". So now, I will go "do" what I need to. You encourage me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Jenny. Hold on to your foundation of self, and any change can be weathered. Creating dolls from your heart is a good way to do this.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog ! all, dolls, vintage books "little golden books" ... etc... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I get that unsettled feeling sometimes...my family call it my "Impending Doom Mode"...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I know it well. Mine usually come to nothing, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do know how you feel. I have everything that I need and want in life. Loving husband, 2 grown children who are beautiful human beings, we all have our health, we have enough money to live well. I always feel that somehow, at sometime it will be taken away from me and I don't know how I'd cope if it were.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that feeling well and most of the time it comes out to nothing. Hope this will be the case for you too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.