Slideshow Widget

History

29 Jul 2011

P1100942



The little dress that Petal is wearing was inspired by this little vintage dress.



P1100934


Made in a soft pink cotton pique , it is made to fit a little one.
 It was in fact made to fit me more than 50 years ago.


P1100938



It was made using this pattern which is even older having been used for my cousin originally and she was born in 1954.

It was made by Mrs Tully I think.
 She was the one with the sewing machine that could do fancy stitches and for a while I think everything she made had machine applique and machine embroidery.

This little outfit was also worn by my little sister and more recently by my little Kate.
 Well about 13 years ago it was worn by Kate, where did those years go...


And now maybe it will manage to stay around and be ready for another generation in 10 to 15 years .


In the meantime it hangs in my studio area 
and serves as inspiration for little dolly clothes for little dolls like Petal.



Petal


4 Responses to “History”

  1. Would you look at that...beautiful dress, and perfectly on trend for spring/summer THIS year. Funny how fashion works really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is precious! I loved Petal the best out of the dolls you did on this most recent upload.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.