Slideshow Widget

vintage goodness

16 May 2011

Butterick 4290



Butterick 4747



There is a well known saying that if you can remember the 1960s you weren't there, usually spoken by early baby boomers. 
Well I do remember the 1960s and I was there.
 I was a child, born in 1959.
 I got to wear all those darling children's clothes from that time, sewn for me by my mum.




Butterick  2676




Butterick 2927




I am working on a new group of dolls and,
 though I often draw my dolly inspiration from my own childhood, 
this time I am going to look closely at the children's patterns from that time as well as old photos from my early years and do my best to recreate some of those darling fashions for this set of dolls.


Sounds like a plan  and it's going to be fun.



Simplicity 4924




P9160036



Simplicity  5335






8 Responses to “vintage goodness”

  1. I remember the 60's as well, I was born in 1963! Those patterns are very cute...can't wait to see your dolls and their groovy clothes. Well, groovy was probably a term from the early 70's but, oh, well!

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in early 1969. So I basically missed the 60's. I love the fashions though! I have several of these fashions in my stash.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the sixties! I was born in 1946, so the sixties were "my time". I am looking forward to seeing your sixties-styles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little sailboats dress. I think I had a similar one where the sailboats sailed around on a ric rac ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was a child of the 70s but I do remember those patterns, especially the one with the rounded yoke - we had summer nighties and jammies made from that one. thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful patterns. I so wish that I had kept the old patterns Muma nd I had,. She used to make me the most devine dolly dresses, she was such a clever Mum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.