Slideshow Widget

Dolly Day Friday

27 May 2011







When I was a little girl I desperately wanted to be a gypsy.
There was a family at my school and to me they were a family of gypsies, there seemed to be a whole tribe of them, all dressed in not quite school uniform, sometimes coming to school without shoes.

They lived by their own code and they fascinated me.

Several of them had beautiful tousled messy curly hair, just like I thought a gypsy would have. Their names were not like everyone else's names, the littlest one I remember was called Ches, short for Chester I think. 

This doll is my gypsy child, Ches




5 Responses to “Dolly Day Friday”

  1. So wild,and free, just like a gypsy, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your blog. The dolls are just beautiful -- so much of what's missing in toys on the store shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my first Dolly Days Friday post! I've been wanting to for a while now. If you go back a few more posts on my blog you will see little Immy in the outfit that I knit for her too!

    http://jenny-spot.blogspot.com/2011/05/dolly-days-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. reminds me of a book I reread recently that I love so much: Diddakoi by Rumer Godden. About a little gypsy girl and the trials she goes through trying to adjust to school life and life in a house. Includes clothing and wagon descriptions - it's really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.