23 Mar 2011

off on a camping holiday at Lake St Clair  around 1965/66




Last night, just after midnight my Dad, Dessie, passed peacefully away.

After a difficult struggle he is now at rest.
We will miss him, and love him and remember him always.

Rest in peace dear man.


54 Responses to “ ”

  1. sending you and your family lots of love. you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss...

    A beautiful memory,
    dearer than gold,
    of a father whose worth
    can never be told.
    There's a place in my heart
    no one can fill,
    I miss you Dad, and always will.

    Thinking of you today,
    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I am so sorry for your huge loss.
    We lost my Dad on Oct. 30th, and it has been very hard.
    Treasure the lifetime of memories.
    Take care, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. May God's care comfort you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny.... please know that there are lots of people thinking of you at this really sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry, Jenny.

    Eternal rest grant unto Dessie, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry your loss, Jenny. My thoughts are with you, your family, and your dear mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am sorry Jenny. My sympathy is with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the photo of your dad loading, and thought 'oh no'. I'm so sorry for your loss, dad's are such special people. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny dear I'm very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you, your Mum and all the family.

    I lost my Dad twelve years ago but have never lost the feeling that he is with me, I hope that gives you some comfort.

    Love from Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. {{Jenny}} I'm so sorry for the great loss of your dad and dear friend. I know how much you loved him. How wonderful that he knew too. Wish you and your precious family didn't have to make your way through the pain and sorrows of good-bye. I'm thinking of you and praying for you. What a wonderfully loving, caring daughter you were to your precious dad. What a tender, loving blessing you undoubtedly are to your beautiful mom, right now. Much love to you little jenny wren. Smiling at you softly and tenderly, {{JAM}}, with tears. xo Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny, I am so sorry for your loss. May the love of those around you help you through the tough days ahead. You are in my thoughts.
    *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny,

    I am so sorry for your loss.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jenny, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today, I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. How wonderful that you have been able to share how special he is with the world in the past few months. Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you much peace and comfort, Tracy H

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenny, loving thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Jenny, hugs, love and strength to all of you.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Jenny, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I am sure he will be sorely missed. Sending much love to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so very sorry for your loss!
    Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like, Rose, my dad died almost 20 years ago...but he is never far away! Take care of yourself, Little Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenny,

    I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My sympaty to you and your family for your loss!Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so sorry for your loss.I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh jenny I am so sad to hear this news. May your memories bring you comfort in the days and years to come. I lost my dad nearly 20 yrs ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss him. Sending you love and strength as you begin this new chapter in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jenny, I am so sorry. I send my love to you and sincere sympathy to your Mum and family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sorry for your loss. Fathers are dear gifts and won't ever last long enough. What a blessing your father left you with...a heritage that you are passing on to your children and your children's children.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's very sad to hear- my condolences to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I feel so sad to hear your news Jenny. My thoughts are with you and your family....
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prays are with you

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Jenny, I am so sorry to hear of your loss- lots of love and dear thoughts being sent your way

    ReplyDelete
  32. So sorry Jenny, lots of love to you.
    Tania in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am so sorry for your loss. I know your Dad must have been very proud of you.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jenny when I saw the beautiful picture before I scrolled down I feared your news. I am so sorry. ((hugs)) to you dear Jenny.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  35. My sincere sympathy, perhaps as time goes by, you will recognize some of his personality in yourself & your children or already do!....a gesture, what makes you laugh, and so on. I sometimes recognize Moms laugh or gesture in myself as my dear Mom has been with her Saviour for 5 years now. May God be your comfort and peace, Maggie Ann

    John 3:16

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dear Jenny, I am so sorry he has gone and you, your mum and the whole family will be without the special man he was, but glad he is at peace now. I will pray for him and for you all. May you find comfort and find a peaceful path through all the emotions that follow the loss of a beloved parent. Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dear Jenny,

    I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your Dad. You and your family will be in my prayers. How blessed you were to have grown up in such a loving family.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dearest Jenny, so sorry. Thinking of you all with love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Jenny,
    I am sorry for the huge loss ,
    My prayers for you and your family.. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh Jenny, I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh Jenny, I am so, so sorry. Be extra kind to yourself at this time, and my sympathies to your mother, to you, and to your family.

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  42. So very sorry for your loss dear Jen...praying God gives you and yours much peace and comfort...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  43. So sorry for your loss,thinking of you and your family.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sorry for your loss thinking of you and your family.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think of you often, I think of you now. I don't want to say the obvious, yet I can find nothing deeply profound. So I just send love.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Jenny, I'm so sorry to read this. Hope your mum is doing ok, and you and your family. Sending you thoughts of strength and peace over the next few days and weeks especially.

    ReplyDelete
  47. My sympathy to you and your family.

    This will be me one day.

    My father has early onset dementia and my mother does an outstanding job looking after him

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am so sorry Jenny. Love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Dear Jenny,

    I was so sorry to hear of your sad loss. My deepest Sympathy's to you and your family.

    Big Hug to you Jenny, hold onto those precious memories with your dear father.

    Camilla.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.