We visited Hobart...

31 Jan 2011



to farewell Louis before he heads off for a couple of weeks overseas


















and we visited Mona too






















4 Responses to “We visited Hobart...”

  1. Goodnessme Jenny, your three are growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are looking very grown up.

    But do tell what did you think of mona??

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Kate, I loved the building, the gardens and the setting, I loved the energy of the building, I loved the Sidney Nolan mural, the skull with the birds and apples and hands inside,The swinging lights, the fat car, the Cataoombs and most of the furniture. I didn't like the lower floor, I found it overwhelmingly depressing and as I don't like caves I also found the half darkness and lack of windows to be oppressive. I really did feel like I was in hell and I guess that was the idea but I hoped the upper floors would be more uplifting and they weren't. Have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't been Jenny, but I would love to. It was good to get your opinion as I don't know anyone who has been. It's certainly had lots of attention in the media.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.