the time in between

4 Jan 2011

Emma's doll in the sunny light of my desk lamp in the early hours just after dawn
Emma's doll by lamp light


Between Christmas and  Epiphany,
that other wordly time where you drift and think and enjoy,
where you plan and plot and then snooze,
I have been knitting a little cardigan for this sweet doll, a doll for a doll making friend.


P1080251



Ridiculously I have been reading two books, moving easily and  crazily between the two.
When I tire of Virginia's round of visits, visitors and cups of tea, I head into little Billie's memories of a mid century, middle American childhood.


P1080253



And I have been slowly collecting pieces of Christmas and lumping them together for a chat on the windowseat before they go back into their boxes and bags for another year.


ps Don't forget the poppet give away, it closes Jan 5th at 1pm AEST


Oh and take a look at the lovely little doll Susie has made to while away these days in between.


P1080247
Emma's doll

One Response to “the time in between”

  1. Emma's doll is delightful. I do recognise that wonderful hairstyle and am pleased to see it works well on the smaller sized dolly also. You have prompted me to finalise XMAS decoration put-a-way-tasks today (sigh). Have you been enjoying your books? Tracy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.