10 Dec 2010

P1080052



I have a little Christmas tree in my studio ( also known as 'the other end of the loungeroom' or 'the playroom').

This little tree is an ode to the sparkly silver Christmas tree of my childhood.

I loved that tree, it was magical and for the first few years of our marriage it was our tree and then we gave it back to Mum.

So now I have this little tree, only three feet tall but sparkly and silver and sweet.



P1080048




I would love to decorate it with vintage decorations but unless I steal Mum's I don't have any.

So it is decorated instead with cloth pinwheels, red and green shiny bells and ric rac and pom poms.

Plus of course my wonderful Christmas fairy.



P1080049

10 Responses to “ ”

  1. Your little fairy is absolutely adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful everything Jenny. I hope your Mum has been motivated to decorate this Christmas too. It will be hard for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your silver tree Jenn...and the fairy looks so happy there. What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandma had a silver tree when I was a kid! It had a color wheel that shined on it, so that at one moment it was blue, then yellow, then red...

    Your little tree is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have a sparkly little tree this year to remind me of the one from my very own childhood....yours is very sweet with your handmade decorations. Love that sweet fairy angel...she is divine... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tree, so cheerful and yes sparkly!. My neighbors had a silver tree with the changing color wheel. We would lay in the dark and watch the tree change colors. My family always had white flocked trees. I wanted a green tree. Now they all remind me of Christmas no matter what or where, or what temprature.
    You previously posted about christmas in the so. hemisphere. I grew up in So. California,so decorated palm trees and warmer temps were normal. Not summer but still no snow :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little tree and fairy. Makes me want to start my decorating. Hope your mother will have a good Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. It's perfect. It captures the real spirit of Christmas with its simplistic charm. Tracy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the decoratiions on your tree! So fresh and pretty!!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.