Sunday

10 Oct 2010

P1070442


Remember this yarn that I bought  from Mama Jude's Etsy shop

Well I finally finished the little dress I was knitting with it.



P1070441



I will use the dress  for a new doll that I make.
The yarn was lovely to work with and knitted up really well. 
Lots of short colour changes just right for little garments, dolly size.


It's late afternoon here. 
Mum and Dad came round for lunch which was nice although Dad was exhausted by the end.
We had our first BBQ of the season with some yummy salads using what was left from our Hilbarn box plus some home grown walnuts to go in the Waldorf Salad 
- what other kind of salad would you expect - 
Waldorf Dolls, Waldorf Salad. 

Oh dear Jenny, you need to get out more.



P1070431

8 Responses to “Sunday”

  1. hi
    GOOD MORNING...
    I LOVE TO BE THE FIRST ONE TO COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG...
    how are you ? write to me sometime..
    The dress seems to be coming out great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that yarn has knitted up beautifully jenny.
    the colours are even more vibrant when worked.

    aren't hilbarn great - i had a sneak peak of the aspargus you'll get this week - yum - that will set your bbq hot for a light chargrill hmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely! I've been wondering about that yarn! I'd love to own a smock top made out of it ~ imagine how cheerful that would be to wear on a grey day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little dress. Glad you are enjoying the weather and your bbq. We had to turn our furnace on last night...so chilly! The dolls I received from you have been in my work bag since I received them...the girls at work are always wanting a peek! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it about color? Its so cheering. Perhaps because God created it. I loved how the wet sand at Hilton Head Island reflected many shimmery colors. Lovely yarn for your little dress. I too brought home some special yarn....yesterday. Perhaps I'll post a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how funny - I always thought of a waldorf salad in the 1950s and NEVER though of it in connection with the educational philosophy!
    I think I need to get out more too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful yarn Jenny and a sweet little dress

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to hear your Mother and Dad came by for lunch. The moments are precious that we spend with those we love.

    The knitted dress is so sweet; I'm always in awe of your knitting :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.