Slideshow Widget

31 Oct 2010



It's not easy is it , watching your Dad cry when the simplest things are just too difficult.





30 Responses to “ ”

  1. Heartbreaking. Thinking of you and your family. Love G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad's not well. My dad has a stroke when he was only 49 years old and I remember he cried many a time during his recovery, out of sheer frustration and I guess he was just scared too. He was lucky to make a full recovery apart from sometimes having slightly slurred speech when he got tired.
    I hope your Dad can make a good recovery from this. Thinking of you,

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny.... I've had first hand experience of this with parents and my heart goes out to your dad and his family who feel so helpless at this time. I have been watching your posts for news but it doesn't always seem appropriate to leave a comment. Thinking of you. Eli x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear Jenny. I have not reached this stage of life yet, but I have heard how heartbreaking and strange it is to be the strong one for your parents. My heart goes out to you and your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No it is not. You remember them as they have been and you don't like to see them struggling, it is sad.

    Just to say I enjoy your posts.

    Thinking of you.
    Christy
    Lil Bit Brit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and your family in the midst of this tough time. It is never easy to watch someone beloved suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So hard for you all. Praying for you and thinking of you,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you and your family
    bettina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know too. Wish I lived nearer you, so I could come over. Hugs Jenny. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care, thinking of you from the Netherlands...
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not easy. May comfort find you when you most need it.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so sad, his distress must be heart wrenching.
    Hugs, Eve x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know what to say.

    Hugs for you Jenny.

    cheers Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, have gone through what you are going through with my mom. It is heartbreaking, but so many people go on to make a full recovery or enough that the tears do dry up. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know how heart breaking it is to see the person who has always been there for you become so frail and vulnerable. My heart goes out to you , Jenny, and I am hoping there will be better times ahead for your dad and your family,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a sacred time, when children can offer comfort and hugs to their parents. Difficult for all, but so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Jenny, I am really sorry. I hope things get less frustrating for your dad. Hugs for you,

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hugs and prayers from France

    ReplyDelete
  19. heartbreaking...sorry to hear this. Praying God will bring professionals & others into his life that will be helpful and keep his morale up....where he resides. I too have had valleys like this to go through, and God has always strengthened me...been there when my heart was breaking and I was crying buckets.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember the frustration of my grandfather, an incredibly strong man and world war veteran (and hero), who had suffered 3 and a half years as a Prisoner of War held by the Japanese.

    The tears, silent tears, the only words I could understand as a 12 year old, were "Oh, Shit" and "God help me".
    I feel now, how desperately they were uttered and my heart is breaking for him all over again.

    The cruelest of human punishment did not break this man, physically anyway, yet the inability to communicate brought this giant man, to a fragile state that frightened him and me.

    Best wishes to you and family Jenny.
    Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you ~ from Jenny McH xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Jenny, I understand only too well. I'm thinking of you and your family and sending up prayers for you all. The thought that gives me strength is 'there is a time for every season', and that it is the cycle of nature that every one of us starts as a helpless baby and that if we are lucky we get to grow old and receive the love and compassion of those we love.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I care for both my parents. It isn't easy. No matter how much you have learned from your life experiences it is difficult. I truly cannot find the words to tell you how I feel for you right now. My love, prayers and thoughts have been with you all evening.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Jenny,
    I have been there with my mother,your pain is shared. It doesn't ease the anxiety but it may help to know others care and understand. Bless on you all.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Jenny,
    My heart goes out to you and your family. It's such a difficult time for all of you. I am keeping you and your Mom and the rest of your family in prayer. How is your Mother holding up through all of this ?
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry this happened, Jenny. Please, also take of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  27. warmest wishes from our Family to yours
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.