Looking For Love

27 Sep 2010




Last week I went to see Menopause the Musical with my sister.

I hadn't expected to enjoy it but I did. 
I love hearing good singers with big voices belt out a good song.

The show features parodies of many well known songs.

One was Looking for Food , a parody of Looking for Love by Johnny Lee that featured the the 1980 movie Urban Cowboy
Such a classic John Travolta film and classic 80s film. 
I loved the music from that movie.
Did you?


I just know that someone had the soundtrack for the film, was it me, was it Mum, was it my brother?

I did have it taped onto a cassette somewhere along the line.

Looking for Love is such a great sing along song.

Best played loudly to drown out the sound of me belting out a good song.





3 Responses to “Looking For Love”

  1. I went to see Menopause the Musical with my best friend. We loved the music, and the singers/actors were great I thought. It was a good night out and funny as well.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were living in Houston, Texas when this movie came out, and it was kind of funny how suddenly all the city slickers, who used to make fun of the cowboys, were running out to buy boots and hats, and started hanging out at C&W bars. There was some great music in that film - lots of fun to dance to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing it as a teen - now I have seen your clip and listening to the song -I may just have to hunt down the movie again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.