Slideshow Widget

Vintage camping holidays

16 Jul 2010

Just discovered  two wonderful vintage home movies  at  Modern Retro Woman.


The films  chronicle the camping holidays of a family of five in the USA from 1955 to 1960.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet and it might be the kind of thing you want to dip into at morning tea time and then again later but the 10 minutes or so that I did watch was enchanting, even more so I would think for those of you who live in the different areas they visit.


Below is a shorter film about their trip to Disneyland in 1956




One Response to “Vintage camping holidays”

  1. That was lovely. I loved the joy of it all, and the beautiful dresses and handmade clothes everyone seemed to be wearing. Thank you for this, it cheered up my day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.