Doll making class

17 Jul 2010

Mini doll class



Today  I taught a dollmaking class.

We made a poppet doll, it had to be something we could get finished in half a  day.


Most of the students hadn't made a doll before so I think they did a great job.


They have to knit little dresses for the dolls and they are going to make them felt crowns and beds with many mattresses because these little dolls are the Princesses from the fairy tale The Princess and the Pea.
I think they are all baby princesses though and if you read them a cosy bedtime story they would fall asleep whether there was a pea under their mattress or not.  
Although those red heads  look like they might be ready for some mischief.


The beautiful felted picture below was created by the lovely Mary Jean who lead the playgroup when Kate was just a tot and is still a caring and inspiring teacher with a new group of little ones under her care at the Rainbow Garden.


Mini doll class

13 Responses to “Doll making class”

  1. great class idea - my girls would be up for little princesses - whens the next class ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could come to one of your doll making classes. I'd make a red gem like my word verification suggests

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all so Waldorf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do wish I would attend one of your doll making classes but I'm far away. The dolls are just so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful time your students must have had, Jenny. The dolls look adorable. Wish I could have been there, too. :-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely assortment of baby dollies. Almost fairy-like.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't they gorgeous, you must be a fabulous teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing what you managed in just a half day! You must be a good teacher, Jenny, they all look so lovely!

    I am in a hurry, it is 8:20am and I have a weekend class, yesterday all of them finished the head, today it will be the body (and still some limbs for me to pre-sew for them before I have a quick breakfast ;-)

    Have a calm sunday, hope you can relax a little today after your class...


    Hugs from Sweden, Juliane

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic job they did! they are absolutely gorgeous, and IM sure your students would have been holoured to have such a talented teacher!

    Nic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those poppets are absolutely poppetty! How I wish i were in that class.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, half a day with first timers? they look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.