25 Jun 2010

wool


How much do you love wool ?

I can't imagine a life without wool.

Right now, the only things that keep me truly warm are my woolly cardigan, my woolly slippers and a crackling fire. 
Oh and a hot cuppa every now and then helps too.




11 Responses to “ ”

  1. Hi Jenny, it's summer here in England and I envy everyone in the 'south' knitting by cosy firesides while we thrill at the sight of some warm sunshine and then complain if it gets too hot. I'm already planning my winter knitting regime. Hooray for sheep and hooray for the wool they give us, it's more valuable than gold to all us knitters! Eli x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could trade places for a few days! So hot here that we can't even go outside. But I still love wool too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love wool, unfortunately it doesn't love me, must wear something between me and the wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wool!! But it wasn't always the case. Growing up in a Sunny climet wool wasn't part of normal clothing. I always thougt it was itchy etc. I did fall in love with spinning and the idea of weaving. Loved knitting and Crochet. But wool didn't catch my eye until I moved as an adult to a colder climate. I discovered the unique warmth it provides. Both wet and dry. I actually learned to spin better ( not good mind you) and I fell in love with all the beautiful colors and textures of different fibers. So now I could never live with out it. Spring summer winter and fall. There is something wooly and woven near by. The fact you make your precious dolls with wool, and other natural fibers. Well it's wonderful and it proves that wool and all things natural can and are used to prefection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos. They make me feel cosy even in the midst of summer here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't look at your blog everyday but most days I do and it is always such a pleasure. It doesn't matter so much what it is it simply is!

    Thanks it adds joy to my day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmm. I love it, too. Even in the summer. Sheep. So perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, jenny, i am so jealous of your chilly weather. nyc is HOT and sticky right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to look at the shelves in a wool shop and be unable to choose which one I like the best they are all so gorgeous. P.S I am having my first blog give away stop by and leave a comment if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.