Visiting

8 May 2010



Just wanted to share a few happy places to visit:



The lovely Amanda and Sam have taken their young family to live in rural France for a year.
I met Amanda some years ago through a dollmaking class I ran for the local Steiner Playgroup.
It was the class that was held here in my home in my kitchen.
It was wintertime, we had the fire going and  there was lots of great food to share and it really was a lovely class.
Happy days. 
Her blog is called Our House on the Hill and is her journal of their adventure.



My Mom , The Style Icon has pictures of real women and their stylish clothes from decades gone by.
This week they are featuring lots of beautiful  tributes to mothers in honour of Mother's Day this weekend ( in the USA and Australia)



And lastly, Cargo Cult Craft, a lovely blog full of 1940s fashion history and sewing.




3 Responses to “Visiting”

  1. Hello Jenny, its nice to meet you, I think your dolls are adorable. Do you dolls of different ethnic backgrounds??? I visted Amanda as well, thank you for sharing.

    Much Love Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y
    e
    s

    y
    e
    s

    y
    e
    s

    I

    l
    i
    k
    e

    y
    o
    u
    r

    b
    l
    o
    g


    Agneta, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, thank you. Yes I do make dolls of all skin colours, from quite pink through to very brown and lots of shades in between. If you look at my Flickr doll pictures you can see the various dolls. People often send a picture of the child who will receive the doll and I do my best to match skin, eye and hair colour and style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.