Slideshow Widget

Monday Inspiration for dollmaking

10 May 2010

from patterngate on Flickr



from sandritocat on Flickr



from patterngate on Flickr
For  more classic little girl fashion inspiration from the 50s, 60s and 70s check out the Vintage Children's Pattern Pool on Flickr.

Love, love, love the little girl fashions of my own childhood, the 1960s. 
Just beautiful, there can be no argument.

8 Responses to “Monday Inspiration for dollmaking”

  1. no argument! Just lovely. Again with the bow in the front of a high bun (hairstyle). I love that and I wonder if I could get away with that? Or OH, I've got a daughter! I'll do it on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my mother made me a smocked dress like that one! And I would love to make a dress like the blue one in the last drawing with a ruffle accent ~ just adorable! I still like knee socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My red jodpurs were my favoutite thing about 1962.

    Jenny, would you please pass on to Kate that Mum loved the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely!
    Hope one day I will learn to sew and make a smock like that.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, those pics bring back many memories of outfits made by my mum. I wonder who the artist was?

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joolz, I have tried to find out about the artists who did the beautiful artwork for the patterns in the 60s but I couldn't find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree! I particularly love that second picture- the little girl with the white top reminds me of Agent 99 from Get Smart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip about the pattern pool. As an illustrator I can really use these for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.