Slideshow Widget

THE BEST

16 May 2010

P1050827



The BEST cupcake recipe.
Yes, it is.

125g ( 4 oz) butter, softened
 2/3cup ( 150g) caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1/2 cup milk.

Preheat oven to 180°C

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition until well combined.
Fold in flour and milk, separately and in two batches until well combined.
Spoon into cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool and then ice with butter icing.

Butter icing
Combine 125g butter, softened, 1 1/2 cups icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk.
Also add colouring if you want.
Mix until smooth.
Ice and decorate cupcakes as desired.


8 Responses to “THE BEST”

  1. Morning Jenny.....I saw you got a mention in the April edition of Get Creative magazine. It's an article on handmade dolls and toys, they described your dolls as "artful gifts for children"...how nice is that? And a lovely photo of one of your pretty 'girls' in a red spotty dress.

    Nice one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those sound so good, Jenny. I just might have to make some very soon.
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenny, another lovely recipe.I have been using a few of your recipes and always get compilments for them.I tell everyone they are my friend Jenny's recipes!I love that they work out each time and are so easy.Thanks again for such a home friendly and beautiful blog ,I do so enjoy reading it.
    Take care Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nanette. I had forgotten about the Get Creative magazine. They contacted me at the start of the year. I didn't see the article and I guess the magazine has disappeared now. I'll have to check out Spotlight next time I go in. They did say they would send me a copy, I should follow up on that too.
    Thanks for letting me know and yes, " artful gifts for children" is pretty nice isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, I'm glad you have success with the recipes and that you get compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi G, the cupcakes are very nice but make sure you don't over cook them as they can get a little crusty if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny, they look so good! I made your meatball soup last week and it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we made these this afternoon, thanks for the recipe Jenny! On closer inspection I realised the ingredients were exactly the same as a butter cake from a AWW cook book that I have made for years! Its great with the butter cream icing, I love butter:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.