walnuts

6 Apr 2010

Walnuts



walnut tree



walnut tree and its pretty bark



walnuts

7 Responses to “walnuts”

  1. mmmmm....yum i love fresh walnuts.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts make be think you live in this incredible garden of paradise!! I can't even seem to grow tomatoes. I gave up and just grow flowers. But I love homegrown food. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never before seen walnuts that have broken out of their outer green shell and remain hanging on the tree--but I've never had the experience of picking our California walnuts, either. My children did once, and got the black hands!

    Thanks for changing the comment format--it's working great for this oddball now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny dear! If you lived next door to me we could be swapping walnuts for pecans. Both favourites of mine. What are you doing with your walnuts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny
    I used to have a tree like yours in our first home and the black cockatoos used to invaded it and strip it bare,screaming all the while.You seem to have a huge amount of trees is your back yard very big?I love your blog and have just learn't to comment so will from know on.Take care Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rhonda, I love pecans. I never liked walnuts because I had only ever tasted the awful ones mum used to buy for cooking but home grown and fresh they are a revelation. We usually just eat them and share them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.