Slideshow Widget

Crochet corner

30 Apr 2010

P1050607



The op shop fairies were smiling on me today. Sitting , waiting patiently were two plump crocheted cushions.
Clean and well made and ready to join the rest of the hooky goodness in crochet corner.

In this corner only second hand and homemade goodies get to sit in the sunshine and glow and make me happy just to look at them.


I must take a picture of the little dolly rug I crocheted, it's all finished except I want to back it with some fabric just like the one my Grannie made for me. 
I'll take a photo of both of them when I remember.


Can you believe it's the first of May tomorrow!



P1050604

8 Responses to “Crochet corner”

  1. I can't believe someone threw those cushions out! How cosy your corner looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new cushions look like bands of rainbows in your room. from Jenny McH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories of my Grandmother who used to make blankets just like those pillows. I think sometimes the color change happened in the middle of the row. Thrifty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so lucky! I would like a "Treasure Store" trip today, I hope I will be half as lucky...even one pillow would be fantastic! ;)

    Happy May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness what thrifty beauties...
    They look in great order...
    and very cheery...
    LOVE...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How true the saying "one mans trash is another mans treasure".I always feel sad for people who throw away home made comfort and replace it with modern!Seems to me they miss out on so much.But lucky us who recieve it!Well spotted Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those cushions are so pretty! I've only seen big afghans done that way, which I thought would take too long for my patience, but I would love to crochet something brilliant and small like the cushions.

    Can't wait to see/hear more about the dolly rug.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.