I'm sewing and listening to the sweet voices of Art Garfunkel and Paul Simon

9 Mar 2010







Just listen to Art singing Bridge Over Troubled Waters


Watched a recent concert of theirs on the TV late last year - just loved it, Art has such a magical voice, can you believe he's almost 70?

3 Responses to “I'm sewing and listening to the sweet voices of Art Garfunkel and Paul Simon”

  1. My husband and I went to an Art Garfunkel concert here in Dallas about 18 months ago. His voice is still quite excellent. The Sounds of Silence was one of my favorite songs as a teenager in the late 60s. I graduated from high school (in East Texas) in 1970. What great sewing music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you lucky lucky thing. His voice is so pure and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm from Dallas too (with cousins in E. Texas), and graduated in '71. No one does beautiful harmonies like that anymore, such a perfect blending of voices. In college I sang in a choir that went around to military bases and sang for troops that were about to be shipped off to Viet Nam. When we sang Bridge Over Troubled Water for them as our finale, it always just about brought the house down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.