2 Feb 2010

P6160044



Yesterday I discovered the best household job to do on a sultry Summer evening.
A job that has been nagging at me every time I go into the kitchen.
A job that I usually do twice a year when daylight savings starts and again when it finishes.


Defrosting the freezer.
What a revelation.

Getting to play with small icebergs when it is steamy hot and end up with a freezer section in my fridge that is positively sparkling, a win win.


And who knew that there was a packet of phyllo pastry buried under the ice flow, another win.

Small things...

4 Responses to “ ”

  1. What a "cool" way to look at a job I always hated! I once poked a hole in the side of the freezer section and freon spewed out! That's because I was using an ice pick...hmmmm. Stay cool, dear!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conversely not a job I want to do at all today. But it must be done while it's nearly empty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I have opened my fridge this past week I say to myself that I will clean that out today. Jessie is off to pre-school today so it will get done TODAY!
    Blessings to you Jenny,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now there's a plan for this evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.