I need a new apron

24 Feb 2010

P5280009



This little apron was made for me by my Mum when I was just a little tot.
My goodness I did a lot of housework in my playhouse with this little number on.


My Dolly and Me, illustrated by Eloise Wilkin,1961



But I do need a new apron, every one I have is looking shabby.



P5280011

9 Responses to “I need a new apron”

  1. You are so talented! I can't wait to see what you whip up for yourself!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that EW art with the tiny little dresser and mirror. I remember that from my own childhood as well as when I read her books over and over to our children. A new apron sounds like a wonderful idea! My friend Sue at SuKnitwitty.blogspot is an apron-ista! She collects, she makes, she wears! Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you still have your childhood apron.
    Where is that illustration from?
    It looks familiar. Is it a Little Golden Book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eloise Wilkin has always been my favorite illustrator of childrens' book. I don't think I've seen this particular illustration. Some of my favorites of her books are: The New Baby and We Help Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This illustration is from the Eloise Wilkin book
    'My Dolly and Me'. It was my book when I was a tot and you can see I carefully coloured in the shoes and mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just meeting you. I love your little apron and have enjoyed reading through many of your posts today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We bloggers all seem to hoard 'treasures' from our pasts and isn't that great. Such a sweet apron Jenny. I have a similar one but it's not in such nice condition. My mum fostered a number of little kids when I was in my teens and I suspect my apron was worn by them all in turn. But I still treasure it with all its holes and frayed edges. Happy days! Eli

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to ask where the picture of the little girl sweeping was from when I saw someone else ask the same thing. I'm pretty sure it was from We help Mommy, but I am obviously wrong. I loved that book. Oh the memories it has brought back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a huge fan of Eloise Wilkin and your lil apron reminds me of something directly out of her storybooks.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.