Slideshow Widget

The 1950s household

7 Feb 2010




Found this on Michelle's blog.

9 Responses to “The 1950s household”

  1. I don't know what to say to this one Jenny. Was life really like that in the 60s? I guess they wished it was so!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahh the good old days. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's GREAT!! i watched the whole thing! ahhh to be transported .... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny,

    I LOVE this! I made my sons and hubbie watch it. After about 30 seconds the eldest (11 years) said 'yeah yeah I know, the parents do it all!'.

    I love that the house is so uncluttered but took great comfort that after breakfast the kitchen looked just like mine before she cleaned it up. Often we see the 1950s house as so perfect, when in actual fact they weren't much different - the only difference was that she cleaned hers up instead of running out the door, taking kids to school, heading to the gym and then facing the mess at 11.30! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Post, I think lots of small boys didn't know how or why things got done. Glad to see Dad was helping with the dishes and talking to the little woman. I think those things did happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely loved this, thank you for posting it Jenny.

    I have emailed you Jenny, have seen one of your wonderful dolls I would like to buy.

    Camilla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this. Makes me think maybe my house could look a bit neater with less internet? lol Other wise this is very much like my day, hints why my blog is called "retro housewife goes green." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. jenny that was utterly hilarious - we have just sat and watched it with our very own tommy!!
    and thanks for the doris day recommendation - that was delightful and i too loved that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great message for us all! wonder if my son would watch this....grin, after all he's only 34!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.