Slideshow Widget

Doll clothes tutorials

4 Feb 2010

How to knit a simple doll vest



Later today I'll post the first in a series of tutorials on how to knit and sew simple clothes for your dolls.

Doll clothes don't have to be difficult, just think back to how you used to make clothes for your dolls when you were just a girl only now you don't have to beg scraps from Mum.



Anyway I have to do the last of the back to school shopping today, Andy's books and things plus Kate and I are going to see Bran Nue Dae which should be fun.
On the other side of the coin Louis is staying home and watching Samson & Delilah



See you later.

11 Responses to “Doll clothes tutorials”

  1. What adorable shoes and cardigans in the last two posts. It's the little touches that make all the difference. And you have a knack for those wonderful touches. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm knitting a small scarves for the girls. It snows here in the midwest and they need to be ready for a change in temps :) Can't wait to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jenny,
    I can't wait!
    I have been trying to make clothes for Jessie's doll and have even resorted to pulling apart clothes from my cabbage patch doll to cut a pattern from!
    Thanks for sharing sweet Jenny,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, I am really looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this is very generous and wished for! Thank you. Your touches are so sweet and what an honor to learn from you!
    best - Annri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your blog for a while and I am so thrilled about these tutorials. You make the most darling clothes for your precious dolls. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh how exciting, I cant wait to see the tutorial, it might just give me the push I need to try and actually teach myself to knit - dolls clothes sound like a finishable project!

    Nic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! This is such a wonderful gift! I've been dying to knit little sweaters for some of my bunnies. Thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou in anticipation!

    As you said re the sewing, is how I made the pants for 'Curly'... it's the knitting bit that has me fuzzled ;)

    Thankyou Jenny... and yes, I'm sure there will be many appreciative readers, and even more appreciative children - recipients of dolls made and dressed (with your help here) with loving hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so I've just discovered you. And it is way past my bedtime here in GA (USA) but now I've found your blog and don't want to go to bed. But I'm the mommy.....Your dolls are incredible and I can't wait to get back on here! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited about this! Thanks for sharing your wisdom and creativity, Jenny! You may cause me to pluck up the courage to approach my sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.